How do I Choose the Best PHR Course?

Nicole Madison
Nicole Madison
Nicole Madison
Nicole Madison
Businesswoman talking on a mobile phone
Businesswoman talking on a mobile phone

Choosing the right Professional in Human Resources (PHR) course may help you have a better chance of passing the PHR exam, which is a certification exam intended for human resource professionals. In many cases, the right PHR course may be one that covers each of the content sections you'll find on the exam in detail. An effective course may also include chances for you to test your knowledge, such as through practice tests, as well as opportunities for you to get feedback on any questions you may have. You may also compare PHR courses based on the cost of tuition as well as the ease with which you can access them.

When you're trying to choose the best PHR course, you may do well to select one based on its content. The course you choose should cover each of the content areas on which you will be tested. About 65 percent of the PHR exam will test your knowledge of workforce planning, labor relations, and human resource development. The remaining 35 percent will cover topics related to strategic management, total rewards, and risk management. The right PHR course will typically cover each of these topics in depth.

An effective PHR course may also give you the opportunity to test what you know. For example, the right PHR course may include practice tests and self-assessment opportunities. These tools may help you determine which concepts you have a firm grasp of as well as which ones you need to study more. Additionally, if a course includes instructor feedback, this may also help to point you in the right direction for further study.

Before you make a decision about a PHR course, you may also consider the tuition cost you can afford and the type of course you need. You may find courses available at a variety of prices ranges and choose a course that is affordable or for which your employer will provide reimbursement. In some cases, you may even find courses that offer financial aid. Additionally, you may compare courses based on how easy it will be for you to access them. You may prefer a course that is close to home, for example, or one that is offered online.

The PHR certification exam is offered by the HR Certification Institute. Human resource professionals take this exam to demonstrate their level of skill and knowledge within the human resources field. The exam you'll need to take is divided into six different sections and includes 225 questions. Certification candidates are given four hours to complete the exam.

Nicole Madison
Nicole Madison

Nicole’s thirst for knowledge inspired her to become a writer, and she focuses primarily on topics such as homeschooling, parenting, health, science, and business. When not writing or spending time with her four children, Nicole enjoys reading, camping, and going to the beach.

Nicole Madison
Nicole Madison

Nicole’s thirst for knowledge inspired her to become a writer, and she focuses primarily on topics such as homeschooling, parenting, health, science, and business. When not writing or spending time with her four children, Nicole enjoys reading, camping, and going to the beach.

You might also Like

Readers Also Love

Discuss this Article

Post your comments
Login:
Forgot password?
Register:
    • Businesswoman talking on a mobile phone
      Businesswoman talking on a mobile phone